Completing Your Award
Do Your Activities
1.Keep at your activities for the required time.
Pursue your goals. Don’t forget to do your activities regularly (at least 1 hour per week or 2 hours per fortnight). In the case of Voluntary Service, this may be four hours per four week period (in block time periods where project based service warrants this) dependent on Award Leader approval.
2. Adventurous Journey training and preparation.
Go on your practice journey(s) and do your qualifying journey.
3. Keep your Record Book.
Keep your Record Book up to date and to keep your Assessors and Award Leader informed of your progress.
4. Try to keep a journal or diary.
You may like to take photos, shoot video, or record a soundtrack in your journal or diary.
5. Sign off the Sections.
Get your Assessors to complete their final assessment report and sign off that Section when you have finished the activity.
6. NOTE: You may finish your activities at different times. Make sure you contact each Assessor at the time of completing each Section.
Achieving Your Award
- Submit your Online Record Book to the Award Leader for approval once all Sections are completed by both you and your Assessors.
- Await final assessment and sign-off by your Award Leader.
- Await a further review process by China National Award Office.
- Award Coordinators/Award Leaders apply for award certificates and badges
- China National Award Office mail out certificates and badges
Congratulations! You have achieved your Award.
What next ?
On completing the Award, participants will receive a certificate and badge as recognition and acknowledgement of their achievement. This is usually presented at an Award ceremony. Contact your award leader on the details.
Next Level of Award
We encourage participants to continue on to the next level of the Award and challenge themselves.
Note: activities for the next level of the Award cannot be commenced until the
current one is completed.
Once participants have completed their Gold Award, they can register with the Award Alumni.
Tell you story
We'd love to hear about your time doing The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award.